Culver City, CA
Salary: $10.00 to $15.00 /hour
To support the Operations Department and Staff with the tasks necessary to ensure they can conduct their responsibilities in the most efficient and valuable manner resulting in high customer satisfaction.
“Operations is The Engine in the Vessel that delivers customer satisfaction by CARING.”
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the Operations Department
- Provide operations support for the Account Managers (AM)
- Email, fax, and document distribution
- Weekly reporting (File Count, Arrival Notices, OBL/Telex, Pre-release shipment lists, etc..)
- Assist the Operations Manager with department meetings and delegated tasks
- Sort and distribute documents
- Create physical file folders and open electronic files
- Assist with track and trace for FCL, LCL, and AIR shipments via steamship lines, rails, and airlines
- Obtain Last Free Day (LFD) and Pick Up Numbers
- Get IT Numbers, cancel IT Numbers, and request Canadian Control Numbers
- Enter charges into IES system based on client history and sales worksheet
- Work closely with the AMs to perform other duties as assigned
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Generate and compile various spreadsheets or reports
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, meet deadlines, and maintain a consistent schedule.
- Organized, accurate, and attentive to detail.
- Interpersonal communication, verbally and in writing, with a diverse range of people including the proper handling of emotional situations.
- Ability to be flexible & teachable.
- Trustworthy with sensitive and confidential material.
- Must be able to quickly and efficiently do all work while multi-tasking.
- Administrative and organizational skills.
- Willingness to continue education & training in job related issues, and areas of personal growth.
- Technologically savvy and very comfortable with Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Must submit to a background check.
Who will Succeed in this Position
- An organized person with:
- A good memory and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proactive thinking and problem solving
- Customer service centric mindset
- One who enjoys solving problems
- One who responds quickly to inquires
- One who is coachable and enjoys learning
- One who enjoys and works well with others
- One who is really good with technology including Excel, Outlook, Word, etc…