Culver City, CA
Salary: $35,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
To use industry experience to provide proactive and excellent customer service to customers by planning for each shipment, executing superb deliveries, and providing logistics coordination to the great satisfaction of our customers and ourselves.
“If Sales is The Key and Accounting is The Fuel, Operations is The Engine in the Vessel that delivers customer satisfaction by CARING.”
- Track and trace FCL, LCL, and AIR shipments via steamship lines, rails, and airlines.
- Coordinate with brokers to ensure timely customs clearance.
- Provide proactive information to the customer regarding arrival, delivery and shipment status.
- Coordinate with customers to ensure payment is received prior to delivery.
- Coordinate with truckers to ensure timely deliveries.
- Negotiate with vendors on rates when necessary.
- Generate and compile various spreadsheets or reports.
- Anticipate problems and work on solutions when they happen.
- Solve complex problems with tact and calmness.
- Billing and invoicing to ensure maximum profits are obtained on a shipment by shipment basis.
- Other tasks as may be necessary to ensure a smooth and prompt shipping and customer service experience.
- 1+ years NVOCC / Freight Forwarder import experience required
- 1+ years NVOCC / Freight Forwarder export experience a plus
- Ability to handle a shipment from booking to delivery
- Ability to handle 50-75 files per month including higher complexity shipments and customers
- Willingness to learn and grow in logistics knowledge
- IES/OneView experienced preferred
- Multiple References needed
- Must submit to a background check
Who will Succeed in this Position
- An organized person
- Someone with a good memory and attention to detail
- Someone with excellent verbal and written communication
- One who is customer service centric
- One who enjoys solving problems
- One who responds quickly to inquires
- One who enjoys learning and being coachable
- One who enjoys and works well with others
- A proactive thinker and problem solver.
- One who is really good with technology including Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.