Culver City, CA
Salary: $42,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
1. Track and trace FCL, LCL, and AIR shipments via steamship lines, rails, and airlines.
2. Coordinate with brokers to ensure timely customs clearance.
3. Provide proactive information to the customer regarding arrival, delivery and shipment status.
4. Coordinate with customers to ensure payment is received prior to delivery.
5. Coordinate with truckers to ensure timely deliveries.
6. Negotiate with vendors on rates when necessary.
7. Generate and compile various spreadsheets or reports.
8. Anticipate problems and work on solutions when they happen.
9. Solve complex problems with tact and calmness.
10. Billing and invoicing to ensure maximum profits are obtained on a shipment by shipment basis.
11. Other tasks as may be necessary to ensure a smooth and prompt shipping and customer service experience.
Qualifications (5 Years Experience)
1. 1+ years NVOCC / Freight Forwarder import experience required
2. 1+ years NVOCC / Freight Forwarder export experience a plus
3. Ability to handle a shipment from booking to delivery
4. Ability to handle 50-75 files per month including higher complexity shipments and customers
5. Willingness to learn and grow in logistics knowledge
6. CargoWise experienced preferred
7. Multiple References needed
8. Must submit to a background check