We at Universal Cargo strive for excellence in service. Due to our high standards there are some commodities and locations we currently do not service and some services we currently do not offer. The reason for this is that it would be beneficial to you if these commodities, locations, or services were handled by a specialist. We will keep your information on file in case we change our service offerings, and we hope you keep us in mind for your future shipments.
Commodities we currently do not service:
- Antiques above $20,000
- Donation Goods or Humanitarian Support
- Gold, Bank Notes, Currency, Bullion, etc.
- Hazardous Materials or Shipments (includes anything that has a UN# on the MSDS)
- Household Goods or Personal Effects
- Perishable or Refrigerated Items via AIR or LCL
- Scrap, Recycling, Used Goods, etc… (Metal, Plastic, Rubber, etc…)
- Vehicles, Automobiles, RORO, etc… (includes anything that requires a title)
Services we currently do not offer:
- Cargo Insurance: We currently only offer insurance on shipments booked with Universal Cargo.
- Customs Only Shipments: We currently only offer Customs as an add-on service to shipments we are already handling the international freight on.
- Domestic Trucking Only Shipments: We currently only offer domestic trucking as an add-on service to shipments we are already handling the international freight on or for customers whose international freight we already handle.
- Foreign to Foreign: We currently only offer Foreign to Foreign service when there is a contact in the US and the shipment is to or from Asia.
- Express4Air Shipments to Myanmar (Burma): We current do not offer E4A service to Myanmar (Burma) due to OFAC enforced trade embargoes.
Countries we currently do not service:
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eritrea, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Niger, Libya, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tunisia, Zimbabwe
- Asia: Mongolia
- Europe: Serbia, Russia
- Middle East: Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Oman, Syria, Tajikistan, Yemen
- North/Central/South America: Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Cuba, Haiti, US Virgin Islands, Venezuela
Additional Notes and Information:
Every origin and destination has a different set of rules, regulations, customs, handling, and restrictions.
As an importer or exporter, it is your responsibility to know the ins and outs of the country you are dealing with. You can always reach out to the different international consulates or browse through the various governmental resources available to you.
For more information concerning export restrictions please check http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx.