International Shipping And Marijuana — What Should You Know?
We can’t blame people, given the fact that the information on this matter is scarce and there is still a lot of confusion on whether it is legal or not to ship marijuana products abroad. A distinction needs to be drawn between the marijuana used for its psychoactive effects from medical marijuana.
You can ship marijuana internationally. But you need to follow a lot of rules. You can ship your cannabis products through courier services to abroad. If you bought a product containing medical cannabis and you are looking for a way to ship them to your home in other countries, then courier service might be the right solution for you. As long as the product you are buying is commercially available and not prohibited, there is nothing suspicious in shipping marijuana products abroad.
To be on the safe side, you have to make sure that you know everything about the national laws thoroughly before mailing marijuana products. Check if a higher authorization or a medical prescription is needed to ship cannabis products since only a few countries have legalized it due to its medicinal properties that are enclosed in the best delta-8 gummies available in the medical market in recent times. You should also keep in mind that some countries forbid the shipping of medical prescriptions themselves. Before shipping, take into account the following:
- You should not decide to ship marijuana for recreational purposes. Moreover, remember that no country authorizes the smoking of marijuana for medical purposes. In EU countries, production, distribution and use of marijuana are strictly prohibited. They don’t support weed as they know it’s a bit difficult to detox from weed.
- You must find out about which marijuana-based medicines and CBD products are authorized in the EU countries.
- Check if any certain documentation is needed when shipping CBD products or legal marijuana products.
- Don’t forget to ask courier company about the best packaging practices.
Packaging Materials For Shipping Marijuana Products
There is no single rule for packaging. It actually depends on what type of marijuana products you are shipping and the type of courier service you are using. The following suggestions may apply mainly to legal marijuana products because of shipping prescription drugs require certain cautions.
- Cardboard Boxes: You should ship your products in cardboard boxes. Try to find a box without tear or dents and new.
- Bubble Wrap: This gives you better protection in case you are shipping flacons of marijuana-based products.
- Plastic Sealed Bags: This will give your product protection against dirt, possible leakage, and humidity.
- Packing Peanuts: You should use this to fill in the empty space left in the box.
- Adhesive Tape and Scissors: After doing the packing this will help you to seal the package.
When shipping marijuana products, you should check the transportation conditions. Whether it is good or bad. You also have to keep in mind that the quality of the product may be altered if the transit times are long and if they are exposed to temperature fluctuations. You should select a shipping service which can provide special transportation.
When you are shipping weed internationally your product has to go through customs. You need to take a lot of precautions if you want to ship marijuana safely. The real world is not very easy. Shipping illegal marijuana is a federal crime. Federals don’t always abide by the constitution or respect state laws or individual rights when it comes to shipping marijuana. You can still get caught and they can seize your packages. You can get into the various type of troubles such as arrest or the freezing of bank accounts.
In addition, federals and other law enforcement have upgraded their drug detection systems. They use x-ray scanner to detect marijuana. They also use drug-sniffing dogs to detect odors emitting from packages, containers, and plastic bags. A dog’s sense of smell is as much as 100 times more sensitive than ours. You should use airtight bags that zip tight. New marijuana delivery companies are appearing with the legalization of marijuana.
Basic Don’ts Of Shipping Marijuana
You should avoid a few things to successfully ship marijuana:
- Don’t use previous packages or careless wrappings
- Remember to mask the smell
- You should spell names or addresses correctly
- Don’t write false return addresses and nonexistent zip codes
- Never heavily tape the package
- Don’t use excess markings on the package
- Avoid restrictive markings such as confidential, do not x-ray
- Don’t use a common type of sender or receiver (like John Smith)
Legal medical and recreational marijuana marketplace continues to grow day by day. So, shipping marijuana internationally is becoming more popular. But don’t be fooled, be careful about shipping marijuana. Keep in mind all the rules and restrictions before thinking about marijuana shipping. In case you come to know someone who is suffering with addiction you can check out Miami methadone treatment for the require help and treatment.
This was a guest post by Mary Walton.